Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Christies Care challenge


Have you ever wondered what you are doing in a strange place surrounded by the unknown and thinking how did you ever decide to come to this place at this time in your life? Well all these thoughts raced through my head as I looked round a lecture room filled with hoists, chairlifts, wheelchairs, rotating stands, commodes and an assortment of beds made up with ladders and handles swinging round above the pillows. What had I let myself in for? The challenge was to try to get through lectures, tests, practicals and a whole lot of new experiences never imagined before. That was the Christies challenge but thankfully I made it through to the end and have been offered a job with Christies as a self-employed carer. Poor Fred had very little attention paid to him as the time was filled with work and studies. He sat on the window sill with a field faintly behind him - we hardly left the building! This has been catch-up time for blogging before going to Sheffield for my first client.

No comments:

Post a Comment