Sunday, May 9, 2010

ticket to ride


Collecting your airline ticket, in its shiny red travel wallet, is indeed a defining moment. I have 'a ticket to ride' and the flight path is direct to London - volcanoes permitting!! As soon as I got home I scratched out my Eye Witness guide book to Britain and leafed through the pages with renewed excitement. The date of 2000 written on the cover was not in the least bit daunting. This is after all the British Isles we are talking about so what could have changed in terms of historical sites and country villages. Imagine if the London Underground decided to change all its names to fit in with the cosmopolitan society living there today. Heaven forbid that should happen as I already have a mental image of yours truly riding round the cirle line for several hours and getting out at the stop I started at!! Well 'no worries' as they say, I will find a friendly 'bobby' to guide me out. As the dates flash past on my calender the reality of the coming adventure sets in and I find myself turning to Fred to pinpoint planning and strategic thinking.

1 comment: